Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 " I’m starting to be able to say what’s in my heart and I love it! "


Feliz año nuevo familia y amigos! And that’s about all the Spanish I got...
The yummiest quekas! Everything is homemade,
the tortilla & the horchata it's sooo good & one queka is only 25 pesos!!
Ha just kidding but sometimes it feels like that! This week has been a really good one! I feel like I got everything down now, where things are, who people are, which buses to take and what not! We have been so busy lately and I love it! We have a few really good investigators but none of them will come to church ughhhhh. We did have 4 less actives though so that made us very happy! One of our investigators, Norma, texted us to tell us she wasn’t going to be there but the other 3 that said they were going to come didn’t and it really is that saddest thing to me! Hermana Muro and I sat down the other day and talked about how we are going to be more straight-forward with our investigators and really stress the importance of church attendance. Because really all of them like the things we have to teach and have committed to a baptism date. I just think we haven’t explained very well that church attendance is essential... So we will be working on that this week. If they don’t come this next Sunday we are going to have to drop a few and we really don’t want to do that! We had divisions on Friday so I went to Ixtapa. That is our Sister Trainer’s area. I was with Hermana Harris for the day. She’s the one that’s from American Fork! She is very nice and has been in the mission for about 9 months now! I look up to her a lot. She is like me and came to the mission knowing no Spanish before-hand and she now is very good and speaking and understanding and reading and all that. I see her and I’m like “ok” this is possible! She had a lot of good advice for me for the language and how to teach. Their area is really big so we walked a toonnnn and it was so hot (you guys should see my farmer tan lines) but it really was nice to see what we did similar to her and what we did different. But I have to say I still our area think our area is the prettiest... I’m worried I may have started at the top.... Ha I really am so blessed in so many ways here!
Our weekly visit

After divisions we met up at the local mall which is huge and full of tourist. We met up to switch back companions. Hermana Muro and I decided to eat there and I chose to eat at McDonalds and wow its embarrassing how much I liked it. It just tasted so familiar and man all I have to say is that I never thought McDonald’s would taste that good!

To tell you a little about our Investigators! The Davila family is really starting to understand more and it’s so exciting! Before when we would teach a lesson at the end we would ask them what we talked about and they would have almost no idea but the last few lessons they have understood everything and asked really good questions. They have finally started reading the BOM and praying but they won’t attend church. This Sunday, Isreal, (the dad) had to work but Eva (the mom) said she would be there. We offered to help her go to church because they have a 4 year old and a newborn but she said she was ok and then she never showed up... We aren’t sure why yet but, dang it, we were pretty sad. We really want them to progress. Yesterday we had the sweetest member with us named Marie Luisa. She is probably one of my favorite members here. She talks to me a lot and has offered to teach me how to make tortillas!  She came to teach some lessons with us and all the people we wanted to teach weren’t home so we thought about a lady named Susana who we have given the first lesson to. She’s really nice but didn’t show a lot of effort into wanting to be different. But we wanted to check up on her. She was asleep when we came but her husband was there, who we had never met, so we started to teach him and WOW. He was so willing to listen to everything we had to say and asked really good questions all throughout the lesson. During the lesson I was teaching one of the points and I was able to say and ask all the question I needed to in Spanish and even questions I felt were specific for him and he understood everything.  It was so exciting! I’m starting to be able to say what’s in my heart and I love it! We gave him a Book of Mormon and before we even left he started reading it! I have a lot of hope for him and hopefully he can help his wife! Yesterday for lunch we ate a Marie Louisa’s house and it was so good. But wow, she lived on a hill, on a hill, on a hill, on a hill. I was out of breath the whole way to her house. That area is part of our area and we are never there because it’s harder to get to. We decided after eating that we would walk around and see if there was anyone that needed to be taught. We said a prayer at the bottom of the hill to know and to be led to someone who needs our message.  We walked probably 8 steps and we ran into an older man. We started talking to him and he started to tell us how his wife had cancer and had to have an operation in the states and he doesn’t have money to go see her. He hasn’t seen his wife in 4 years. While he was telling us this story he started crying. It was the saddest thing. We gave him a pamphlet to read for our visit with him tomorrow. Later when we were walking down the hill we saw him reading it! We were pretty happy.

I’m glad you guys were able to have a good week! With all the celebrations and baby holding... I’m very jealous. To answer some questions... I was able to sleep New Year’s Night very well. I put in ear plugs and turned up the fan all the way and slept so great my comp and I didn’t hear the alarm and slept in an hour and a half.... Tell Coop good luck with his play stuff! When he performs make sure to record it and I’ll watch it when I get home (: I feel like it’s starting to get hot here and we are starting to have mosquitos again,. My legs are so beat up. We pray every night to not get eaten alive! I love you guys and I hope you have an amazing week!!!
-- con mucho Amor
Hermana Acor 
This is what happens when you get your hair trimmed
& you say "4 cm trim" in Spanish ... they cut 10 inches off! Yep my eyes are red from crying.








No comments:

Post a Comment