Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 11, 2016 "Where are all the investigators?"

Beautiful Vallarta
This week has had its good and it’s bad. Last Tuesday we had a district class like we have every Tuesday. I had to teach the "How to Begin Teaching" section. I think since I don't really speak Spanish fluently yet everyone thinks it’s a good idea to always have me pray and teach. I don't understand, but I never say no! It was actually kinda fun of fun. I planned a game/practice where I gave everyone a really weird problem.For example a gambling or drinking problem on a piece of paper. The companion then had 4 minutes to ask the "how to get to know you questions" to figure out their companion’s problem. If they could guess the problem/issue I had a treat for them. It was funny because the senior companions were the only ones who were able to correctly guess what their comps issue was. It was fun!
Celebrating 3 Kings Day w/ Rosca

Opps! Hna. Mura got the doll...

They all have to buy the District tamales!

Elders being Elves

Then after our class we got together with another district and had Rosca! It was Three Kings Day on Wednesday so everyone was having Rosca! The elders bought one for us all to have. I’ll send pictures but for those who don’t know what it is, it is like a big wreath of bread and there are dolls hidden inside and nobody wants the doll.
So when you cut off your piece it’s this big thing and everyone freaks out when someone gets a doll. I didn’t get one but Hna Muro did! Ha So everyone who got a doll has to buy tamales next district class.

It has been more of a slower week as far as investigators go. It was actually really sad this Sunday. We had a plan to have 5 investigators in church. We planned for them perfectly. We had 2 members going to pick 2 of them up and we were meeting 2 others on the way to church to take them with us. We even had one investigator call us and tell us that he wanted to go after he told us he couldn’t attend earlier in the week. We were so excited. We got up and started getting ready real fast so we could meet everyone on time and even be early. But slowly none of them showed up and we called and they all had excuses. So we got to church and were like  “ok at least Patricia and Raquel will come with the members.” and ya NO. The members told us that when they went to their house and  they both said it was too early. We were way bummed out. But at least the elders in our ward got 8 investigators in church... ha Hermana and I were HOW. That really is a lot. The elders could not stop smiling! We were pretty jealous. We will be praying very hard this week for new investigators because we had to drop almost all of tour because they haven’t been progressing in weeks. Sunday was their last day to show some effort in doing what we have asked of them and they didn’t come. So yesterday we prayed really hard to find people to teach. We wanted a family. When we stopped one on the street to talk to them they were so nice and said we could come teach them. They told us their address and they live in the Elders area!!! That always happens to us! No joke every time we contact someone who we both are like “wow we were supposed to meet this person” they live in an elder’s area! We will be praying very hard this week.
We got to go to Guadalajara Thursday/Friday! We left Thursday at 5 and took our 6 hour bus ride to Guadalajara. It was alright.  Hna and I talked for most the way or read. We got there at 11 p.m. They had us sleep in the offices.

Back at the Mission Home for Training
We were told other girls would be there but there weren’t.  Hna. and I were alone in this huge office of like 15 bunk beds and a huge kitchen and bathroom. It was funny. Then we woke up that morning, got ready and went off to the chapel where we were having the follow up training. It was so nice to see everyone! We had a lot of little lessons and practices to help with our teaching and president talked to all the new missionaries. They gave us tons of treats and food. It was a lot of fun! I also got my package finally!!! I got it on Thursday night when I arrive. I opened it as soon as I could. Everything was still wrapped and there! I love everything. Thank you so much! All the clothes are so cute and I’m so excited for all the treats..... It was worth the wait! The package was actually so well taped it took me a while to try to open it! haha So no worries everything was there! I haven’t gotten anyone else’s package but I am sure they will come!
After 45 days in the mail Christmas from family arrives

WOW, mom really taped this good!


Add caption

After the follow up,we went right back to Vallarta. It went by so quickly, it was like, oh, were getting on a bus again. The ride back was long because the bus kept having problems with the tires. We kept having to make small stops and then had a long 45 min one where they replaced the tire. We meet a guy on the bus who use to take missionary lessons and I was excited to talk to him. He was a little strange but maybe we said something to make him want to take lessons again.
Guadalajara Mission Home

Random question time, the chocolate wasn’t melted or anything in the package. Wahoo I’m so excited to eat everything, ha. The white things in Hna.Lymans box were just little packing peanuts. She got good treats. I was just excited for her,We weren’t able to go to the temple while we were in Guadalajara. They told us unless we have an investigator go through we won’t be able to go. So it will be a long year and a half. The weather is perfect here during the day! It has actually been a little cold in the mornings. So we usually study with our blankets on. It sounds like you guys had such a fun week! I can’t wait to see pics of the new temple. I wish I could be there to see it!  It is so exciting that Halle and Coop can be in the Cultural Celebration! I am sure I am missing some things that happened this week but I don’t have any time left! I love you guys and it really has been such a good week. I love hearing about you guys!  Pday always feels like Christmas! We have one really good investigator right now named Norma. She didn’t go to church Sunday because she had to pick us her niece. But she is really ready for the Gospel . Please keep her in your prayers and that also pray we find others to teach! I love you guys write you next week! OH and at the follow up I had to say the closing prayer because of course “you know”  but I got a lot of compliments on how far my Spanish has come and Prez. said he was impressed. Being there made me realize how far I really have come! Again, I love you guys. Sorry this email is all over the place!
-- Con amor

Hermana Acor 

No comments:

Post a Comment