Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 18, 2016 " Adios Puerto Vallarta "

Wow what a crazy few days it has been! First things first. Hermana Muro and I have been moved to a new area. We got a call Sunday night telling us that they will be closing our area or possibly adding it to the Elders. We will be opening a new area in Tepic which is three hours away. It was something we both were not expecting at all since while someone is being trained (me) you don’t usually move areas. We didn’t even think we were going to have exchanges. At church we didn’t say goodbye or take pictures with anyone... So that’s what I’m the saddest about, no pictures with those we were getting to know and teach. It’s funny because this last Sunday I was sitting in sacrament and thinking “wow I am finally getting the hang of this, I know who's so and so kids are, I know where so and so lives and what not.” Hopefully now I’ll be able to remember everyone’s names in future wards now that I’ve had some practice...

So the rest of Sunday we packed everything up in the house and had the bishop take us to the bus station at 12 a.m. We then had to take our favorite (not really) 6 hour bus ride back to Guadalajara where everyone who has transfers meets. We were with one other sister and two elders. We got to the chapel early and had to wait 3 hours for everyone else to show up... We were all freezing. It’s easy to say we all instantly missed Vallarta. Once everyone was there,they called taxis for us all to take us back to the bus station for our 3 hour bus ride back to Tepic. All the while we are literally carrying everything we own. Once we finally got to Tepic we met our Zone leader who told us we didn’t have a house in our new area yet. He actually isn’t sure what our area is... Ha not something I wanted to hear after no sleep and I had been carrying tons of heavy bags with everything I own. But after a few hours they decided that we will be staying at a house they had gotten for the other sisters in this area and Hna Muro and I will have to find a house by Thursday... Ya, Hna. Muro and I have to find our own house. Everything is just so crazy! But Hermana and I are very excited to be in a new area and one that has a bishop. Our Mission president says that missionary work can’t progress without a bishop so we are hoping that now since we have a bishop we will have that extra blessing so we can find people who are willing to progress and want this amazing gospel in their lives.

To give an update on our last week in Vallarta... We started to really see a difference in our investigators and the people we were finding. We had finally started to find people who had the desire to know about this gospel. Sadly, again, none of them attended church.... But we did have one investigator, Anita, who did tell us she could go and Hna and I were really excited about her. She was actually our neighbor and she is sooo nice! She’s the kind of person who when she says she’s going do something she’s going to do it. We haven’t had a lot of investigators like her. She told us she couldn’t come to church this Sunday but will make plans for the next Sunday. When we told her we were leaving she was so sad. It’s funny we had only taught her one lesson and we all already felt like we were all so close! We did tell the Elders who are taking over our area about her so hopefully they will be able to teach her! It’s sad for me to write about what we were doing in Vallarta knowing that we won’t be able to teach those people anymore! But I am so grateful I was able to serve in Vallarta and for the people I was able to meet, saying goodbye to the few members we have around us was so hard especially for Hna Muro who has been in Vallarta for 6 months. I know God needed me there for a reason and I am forever grateful. I have officially been in the mission for 6 weeks and I have grown and learned so much already. I know is church is true with everything I have. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a representative of him for 18 months. Although it can be hard at times and challenges my faith I wouldn’t trade these experiences for anything, ever. I hope you all have an amazing week and always strive for ways to strengthen your testimonies, because wow this church, this gospel is amazing. Until next Monday!  

-- Con amor

Hermana Acor 

No comments:

Post a Comment