Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 28th "HAPPY TWO MONTHS TO ME!"

Spreading the Gospel in Puerto Vallarta
First can you believe it's been 2 months?! I think that is totally crazy and WOW it has flown but also I feel like my first day in the CCM was forever ago... I think feeling this way is a missionary thing ha. It was so good to talk to you guys. It was so weird but awesome to see the house and I cannot believe how much snow there was! It really didn't feel like Christmas to me mainly because I am use to it being cold! But I loved seeing you guys and I hope by Mother's Day i am fluent... That's the goal! I am so glad you had a good Christmas and grandpa was able to spend it with you and of course Cason and Alexx. 

To answer dads question I was able to get to say hola to Hermana Muros family too! All her family speaks some English but only a little so it was a short conversation but she is the oldest and has two younger siblings, a sister who is 16 and a brother who is 12. But she had a lot of family over at her house and they did 3 way call with one of her uncles, so lots of people! But I'm with dad. I have gotten really lucky with my companions. They all have been hard working and willing to teach me and super patient and cute. I hope I didn't use all my luck at the beginning of the mission! I'll continue to pray for my future companions, ha.
Christmas Dinner with wonderful members

So the investigator that was supposed to be baptized Saturday didn't get baptized... We found him smoking Saturday morning and he told us he didn't want to go to church anymore. It was really sad and super confusing. He had such a strong testimony at one point but then he did a total 180. So most of that morning we had to make a bunch of calls to tell everyone there wasn't a baptism anymore and since we had planned for a baptism we didn't have a lot to do on Saturday so we did a lot of walking around and did some random visits. I it was still a good day. We did our best to stay positive! I'm really starting to get worried about the ward here not having a bishop. The mission president knows and told me in this weekly email that if there isn't one soon and if we keep having problems with members helping us teach he will be moving us to a different ward. I really like the people here so I hope they figure it out soon. The mission president said it is almost impossible to have progressing investigators if the ward isn't stable and I really am starting to wonder if that might be part of our problem. This Sunday no one was assigned to give talks so it was a pretty scattered sacrament... and it was raining and nobody leaves their house when it rains so almost nobody was there...| It really makes me miss home and how everything felt so organized and put together. I hope we can help figure it out, who knows, maybe that's why I'm here. The disorganization drives me crazy!


 This past week I have really started to feel like I'm getting the hang of this mission thing! And not to mention after we have wrapped our beds in plastic we have less bits! Hermana Muro hasn't gotten anymore because we switched her mattresses. I told her she could have the new one because she has so many scars and what not from the bugs. I have the one I did before so I've gotten like 2 more since but so much better! The schedule makes more sense to me. I understand more Spanish, it all just feels so much better! In one of our lessons yesterday with a women named Raquel I was teaching and you can obviously tell that Spanish is not my first language. She stopped me while I was talking and asked "you've only been here 3 weeks," and I was like ya. She then went on to tell me how impressed she was and then she said it's amazing how the spirit helps people. Again, its sooooo nice to hear people say these kinda things cause some days I feel the same and that I'm not progressing. But then I see just a little light of how much I've learned and it really is the coolest thing. I'm starting to understand people when we pass them on the street and answer people's questions when they ask them to me and even grocery shop! It is coming slowly but it is coming! I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary that happened with week mostly because I told you a bunch on Christmas! I love you guys and I hope you have a great week! 

-- con amor
Hermana Acor 



No comments:

Post a Comment