Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 3rd "I am so grateful for my trials... It has allowed me to come closer to Christ"

Oh my goodness I cannot believe it is my last week in the CCM!
Here are some of the lights they have up, it is so pretty.
Feliz Navidad!
I leave Monday morning, we meet up at reception at 2:30 a.m. and then our flight leaves at 7 a.m. It will be interesting because my comp and I are the only Americans and we are traveling within Mexico. It’s going to be straight Spanish once I get outta here!! I’m excited and terrified! But mostly excited of course! I’ve just now, this week, started to get really worn out from our schedule and tired of the food here. So thank goodness I leave Monday! Since it’s my P day I had to pack all my stuff and it makes me so sad to see our little casa empty and all are bags in our room is kind of depressing! I’m going to miss my roommates so much! Hermana Lyman has been feeling SO much better. I would actually say she is totally fine now.

But here’s a funny story for you all. Last Friday, my district was all walking back from having dinner in the comedor. And for some odd reason we started talking about gag reflexes. I really don’t know why? Conversations get pretty weird after basically spending 24-7 with the same 8 people. But anyway, we were walking back to class and Hermana Lyman was telling us a story. One time at a restaurant a little boy was throwing up and walked past her family having dinner.  She was saying how her dad has a super bad gag reflex and that made him throw up also. After she finished telling her story I started to say how throw up doesn’t bother me too bad then I started to say “but if you were to throw up right now”..... 
All my favs!
Not 1 second later Hermana Lyman hurls! NO JOKE! Side note she had been feeling really sick and had thrown up other times that day. My District and I just died! That moment was by far one of the funniest of my whole life. And don’t worry Hermana was laughing too. It was just too good. Sorry for the gross story but it is too funny not to share!

Cason and Alexx I met someone here that served with you guys in Puerto Rico! I think she said her name was Hermana Sierra. I’m sure that’s not how it is spelled but that’s what it sounded like! It was funny because I was practicing my Spanish with an elder and she walked by and smiled at me but then once she saw my name tag she got the biggest smile on her face and then told me she served with you guys! I haven’t seen her since but we both wanted to get a picture together! Mom you know the secretary at the high school for the counselling office. Sorry the question mark on this computer doesn’t work, ha. But the one with blonde curly hair. Her son is in my ZONE! His name is Elder Skinner he’s pretty cool! The church really is such a small world!
This is Hermana Brian & she is the greatest ever!
Her District left this week. It is so sad. I miss them already
We already have plans to meet up back in Utah in 1.5!


On the spiritual side of things we always have a devotional on Tuesday nights and it’s also Pizza night! We watched a pre-recorded broadcast by David A. Bednar. It’s something like 3 or 4 years old but it was so good! It was given at the Provo MTC on Christmas. He talked about overcoming the natural man. It was so amazing! He is so bold when he’s not talking in general conference! He said a hand full of things that got all us missionaries like “ohhhhhhhh.”  There was one point where he told us to stop being stupid. He was telling us about how members feel so much pride in their ancestors who have crossed the planes and he said whenever he hears that he always thinks.... “That’s great but what have you done.”  I loved that. Sometime we get caught up in what parents do or siblings do, ancestors did, whatever, but what really matters is what we do! So what have we done to overcome the natural man and put God first. I think I said this in my last email but I am so grateful for my trials and even the challenge of having to learn a new language. It has allowed me to come closer to Christ and I know without my trials I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I know that sounds pretty backwards but it’s the truth! I know going into the real world of Mexico will be hard and challenging but I know even more, that because of this experience, I will be closer to Christ and that makes me so excited!
 The other day after our lesson on the BOM our teacher made us all close our eyes and he started to lay out a scenario for us. He told us to imagine it was our last day in the mission field and we were looking over our journals and notes from baptized investigators. He went on to say that some of these notes say things like, “Thank you for bringing me unto Christ,” another one was “thank you for showing me how my family can be together forever”, then another, “thank you for showing me my purpose in life.” His words were way more powerful than mine but as I sat there closing my eyes and imagining myself in this situation, I started to feel the spirit so strongly. And I know without a doubt that the Spirit was telling me that I’m going to have these amazing experiences in my mission and I’m going to help people in the same way my teacher was describing. That moment was by far one of the strongest times I have felt the spirit here. Although the language is hard and what not I know through my Savior I can do this! I hope everyone has an amazing week! I can wait to write next P day! ILL BE IN GUADALAJARA!!!!!! Love you all!  
-- con amor 
Hermana Acor 


Hermana Archuleta and I match! 


This is Hermana Wardrop. I love her!

Pictures of us being "dorks" are by far my favorite pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment