Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 10th " Coming to you live from... PUERTO VALLARTA... I Love it Here."

OK so these past few days have been crazy! Today’s actually not my Pday but they told me I could write my family!
My new companion and trainer, Sister Muro,
from Chihuahua, Mexico
I will start at the beginning. I left early Monday morning 3 am actually. I got to the airport and had a 2 hour wait for our flight that left at 7 a.m. I didn’t sleep the night before cause I had to pack and also Hermana Lyman’s alarm clock wasn’t working so we had to force each other to stay awake haha. Once I was on the plane I was asleep before it even took off. The flight from Mexico City is only an hour to Guadalajara. Hermana Lyman and I were the only Americans traveling with this group. There was 8 Hermanas and 2 Elders. The second we got to the church they sent all of us missionaries out with Hermanas in that area and we spent the day with them! We did contacts and 2 lessons. The companionship I was with were awesome! One was from California and spoke amazing Spanish and the other was from Paraguay and spoke really good English. They both taught me what to say for a contact and helped me do a few on my own! Not gonna lie I was scared but man there really is no better feeling! Then we taught two lessons and I prayed and read scriptures in both! Everyone is so encouraging here! For the second lesson it started to go a little long and I really didn’t understand anything that was going on and I was sooooo tired so I started to drift off and it was so bad! I was so tired, I honestly had no control over my body anymore. It took EVERYTHING I had to not fall asleep! One Hermana kept rubbing my back to keep me awake. Ya it was bad. So after that lesson we had FHE with 2 girls from the ward. Here in Mexico they don’t have dinner. Just a really big lunch and like a granola bar for dinner. And I didn’t know that yet but, anyway, for FHE they gave us doughnuts and fruit. I’m not sure if they do this in other places but here they put lime, salt and chili sauce on all their fruit.... that’s something I’ll have to get used to. But once the night was over we all met back up at the mission home. There was a room there that has like 15 bunk beds and that’s were we all slept! I slept like a baby. The next morning we went to Prez and Hermana Clayton’s house for breakfast and some orientation. Then back to the church for more orientation! They had all the new missionaries sit in the front and all the trainers sit behind us. Then at lunch time they announced who our new companions were!

In front of the Guadalajara Temple
My new companera is Hermana Muro! She is from Chihuahua, Mexico and my area is call "5 de diciembre 1." And yes, I know, that looks like a date but that’s our area’s name! It’s Puerto Vallarta! It’s humid and hot but not too bad. My comp has only been in the field for 4 months and when I told her I was kinda hot she laughed and told me to wait until the summer time. ha Oh, also she speaks perfect English! No joke I feel so spoiled! Everyone before I came asked me what I would want my companion to be and what kind of area I would want. I would say “I would love to serve in Puerto Vallarta and have a native companion who can speak some English.”  NO joke, I got exactly what I wanted!! I am so spoiled! It is very rare that someone can have a native companion and have them speak English so I am soooo lucky! Hermana Clayton actually doesn’t speak any Spanish! Like not even a little. Which actually made me feel a lot better about my Spanish. After I got my new comp she came up to me and told me there is no way President Clayton could have known I didn’t know Spanish very well. (Well she didn’t exactly say that, but it’s what she meant) haha She said it was truly inspired and I am so grateful! I cannot say that enough! After lunch and taking some pictures, Hermana Muro and I got in a taxi to take us to the bus station for our 6 hour drive to our area! Wahhooo. Nah, it really wasn’t bad. It was a crazy nice bus which totally took me off guard. It was like a “Le Bus” but better. It had tvs.... not that we would use those and they gave us a sandwich and a drink and it had a bathroom. Ya, it was nice! And I was able to sleep. It was perfect. We got to our area at 11:30p.m. and then had another 30 min. taxi ride to our casa. So we got home at 12a.m. Our casa is so cute and tiny and so Mexican.

Brand new missionaries w/ their companions
We woke up today and had a zone Meeting so I was able to meet everyone! It was a little long but still good! After that we went and had dinner with a member who lives in the middle of the jungle. We had chicken, rice and tortillas! It was so good because I was starving! After eating we walked up the side of the jungle/mountain to meet with 2 less active members. It is crazy to me how everything is just so open! We just walked into people’s houses and taught them lessons.  Everything is totally casual!

I still need to go shopping and buy some food and what not but I love it here! I want you all to know how happy I am! I love this area, my new companera, the people, the weather, really everything! I can’t wait till I can speak the language better but for now I feel really good, calm and relaxed and I know that’s only because of all of your prayers! I am so grateful for them! I love you all and my real Pdays will be Monday so I’ll talk to you then! Love you!

-- Con Mucho Amor
Hermana Acor 

Mom the best address to use for letters and packages is the bishop!
Here it is. 

Alvaro Lorenzo 
c/o Hermana Payton Acor
Lazaro Carden #600 
Colonia Emiliano Zapata
48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 

(322) 1079168 



No comments:

Post a Comment