Saturday, November 14, 2015

November 12th, Week 2 in the CCM: Pray for specific desires, P-day trip to the temple

OK I am gonna try really hard to answer all your questions! But first, yes, mom I got the pics and the 2 letter email things! I loooooveeee those! My district leader now zone leader checks the mail everyday after gym and when he yells “Hermana Acor” you have mail. I get all excited and it really is the best feeling! It takes about 2 to 3 days to get to me from when you send it! I had so many people ask me how you sent me pictures. They were all pretty jealous (; but of course I gave them the website. Some missionaries didn’t bring any pics of their family! Ugh, I would die I love looking at all your faces all the time.

The weather here is amazing and perfect and I make my red-headed companion sit outside with me all the time. Ha-ha but she loves it too. We call it our zip-zapping time. Ya we get along great.

I am learning Spanish slowly but it’s coming. Tons of people are willing to help. My biggest thing is I need to speak wayyyy more, I almost never do. But I can read the Book of Mormon now and people can understand what I’m saying!! I don’t know what I’m saying but I can officially read in Spanish. The best and funniest thing that happened this week would for sure be when we got a BUNCH of new Latinos in our casa. For some reason we are the only Americans all the time, we love our new missionaries and we practice our Spanish and they practice their English. So their first night here we talked with them for a while.  My comp can’t roll her rrrrs to save her life. It’s really funny. But I asked them to help her and after like 10 min of them giving her words and me saying them,one girl just looked blown away and she told me when I speak I sound just like a Mexican!!!! All of them were like ya you do! But then one said you have a great accent but you can’t speak and told my comp you can speak but have a terrible accent, haha! I’ll take what I can get though!

Ok I’m gonna answer some questions I got in my letters for you mom! OH you go mom! I love hearing about how your losing weight and how working out is going! I know you can do it! We had a lesson from our CCM Prez and he talked about saying specific prayers and how important they are! He told stories of crazy specific prayers.  Like one girl was having a hard time making a decision on who to marry so she said a specific prayer that one of her 2 boyfriends would call her at 1:30 in the morning and tell her he was reading in patriarchal blessing and would say you need to marry me. AND IT HAPPENED all us missionaries were like what?! But ya I’m gonna start doing things like that for the mission. So anyway, my point being say a specific prayer about how much weight you want to lose in a week or how far you want to run on a certain day and I know God will help you accomplish your goals! You go hot mama!

OH and sorry this is all over the place but letters from the Delivery Service can be however long they will print all the pages! So send letters, I love them.

A blog for my emails sounds awesome! Whatever you could work out would be way cool! 

So the story with my eye is they’ve been red and puffy since I got here.  There would be times where I would need to take out my contacts and wear my glasses cause my eye hurt so bad. So on Sunday I finally asked my comp if we could go to the doctors.  I waited till after sacrament and we went and she was so sweet. Before that she made me lay down and put a warm wash cloth on my eye and said “I’ll call the doctor for you.” OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE HER! But ya the doctor gave me magic intense eye drops and now they are all better! WAHOOO.

Hmmm I have some other random thoughts.... My fav teacher ever is switching to teaching a different class and we were all soooo sad! She was our pretend investigator before we knew they were fake so we all love her so much! Funny story. The other day in class I was having the hardest time saying a word and when I finally got it she gave out the loudest and most amazing “ARRIBA” ever and I’ve never been more happy in my whole life. Ok that is a stretch but it was pretty sweet! Then after class she taught me how to do it. So basically I’m Mexican now.

Oh and I see Scierra Woods like everyday! We are in the same building for our classes! She was the one who showed me around the first day and when we saw each other we just hugged forever but ya I forgot to mention that! 
Yes! She got the Krispy Kreme donuts and chocolate milk
 Thank you www.missionarypresents.com

We went to the temple today and I loved it! We finally got to go outside these fenced walls and it made me so excited to get to Guadalajara! One girl in our casa is actually from Guadalajara! We hear the food is crazy spicy and that’s coming from Mexicans. So we will see how that goes. But anyway, I loved the temple just two districts went so like 16 people. We had headsets for English. The temple is Aztec-y and fits into Mexico perfectly! I’ve got some sweet pics I’ll send! I love my district and zone. We actually had a district leave on Monday so we got a new one.  It’s weird how they seem so much younger than me when really we are all the same age ha. On a fun note, Elder Sanders, the elder I flew with, wants me to write a battle rap for him. It’s kinda my districts thing... But I told him I’d only do it on p day so I’m gonna work on that with my companion today. We’ve got some good ideas haha  I can’t think of anything else new but I love you all and keep me in your prayers! You are always in mine! 
-- LOVE
Hermana Acor 


No comments:

Post a Comment