Saturday, November 14, 2015

November 5th, Week 1 in the CCM: Love my companion, district and zone!

Ok I hope this email will make sense cause I have soooo much to say! Also excuse my spelling, the Spanish and English are getting to me! 
So to say a little more about me arriving here! I told you it was just me and Elder Sanders on the plane. He is actually in my district! He is so funny and we have an awesome joking relationship! But anyway once we got to LA there were 18 other missionaries there and we all flew to Mexico City together! Once we got here we ate, they showed us around and then we unpacked our bags. My companion is Hermana Lyman and she is the sweetest, kindest and most patient person ever! She’s 22 and just graduated from Utah State in Communications! She took 2 years of Spanish in college so, ya,  she’s pretty good and she helps me a TON with my Spanish! My district is also amazing! We are all so different but all get along so well! My district leader’s name is Elder Winn and we are pretty close! He’s good at Spanish too. My companion and I are the only sisters, there is only 8 of us. My zone is also amazing and all so outgoing and fun! We all actually played beach volleyball today for like 3 hours haha! But one of the districts leave on Monday so it will be interesting to see who the new zone leader is. 


We taught our first investigator on Friday! Ya really!!! I was like uh “ya” I don't even know Spanish but I read some and my comp translated for me! We have actually already taught her 5 times! There are rumors going around that after they are an investigator they become our teacher so we will see. But our lessons went so well and the Spirit was so strong. This last lesson I was able to say more and she was able to understand me when I read and I understand wayyyyyy good. There will be times someone will talk to me in Spanish and I totally know exactly what they are saying its nuts! I just need to work on speaking I am getting it slowly but it’s coming! 

Mom will be happy to know I hadn’t even cried until yesterday.... ha I was going so good and I haven’t been homesick or overwhelmed or anything and then yesterday we were switching companions and making sentences with each other.  I was with Elder Winn and he was nicely helping me and I just lost it! I was a mess, poor guy haha.  But really he was way nice and had tons of good advice and once I stopped he helped me learn what I was doing wrong.  My teacher showed videos on the gifts of tongues and Elder Lima told me he’d pray for my Spanish. Which is so sweet because he doesn’t even speak English at all as mom knows when he wrote her. It is kind of a long story how I know him. But quickly I sat by a lady who knew him on the plane to LA and she said to look for him.  He is a service missionary so he can have his phone and what not.  She told him to find me and we saw each other the other day so he checks up on me almost every day and tries to talk to me in Spanish. But after my embarrassing episode he wrote me a note that I’m sure he used google translate to write and it was so sweet and just said how I’ll get my Spanish and I have a sweet spirit and such, it was so sweet of him so no worries I’m well taken care of and of course my companion hugged me and made me feel better. I feel bad sometimes because she’s way advanced and I’m so not but she always says she doesn’t mind helping me and she has taught me sooooo much! I’m so grateful she my companion. I know God knew i needed her! I’m sorry this email is so all over the place but like I said, I have so much to say and my thoughts are all over the place. 

I’m rooming with Hermana Matthews and Hermana Archuleta (David Archuleta’s sister) hahahahahahahahah We are all best friends now! They are both so sweet! We have the 4 girls sharing a bathroom and all of us have getting ready down in 30 minutes!!! Fast Sunday here was so spiritual! We had such good lessons and the fasting really allowed me to fully feel the spirit! The spirit in the CCM is so crazy strong and is in every second of everyday. I’m slowly understanding the language but for sure keep those prayers coming. I feel them working! They have been keeping me calm and clear minded. Just some extra prayers on me being able to remember what is taught to me. I ask so many questions and people will tell me how to say things and I do it perfectly and then I can’t remember!! So frustrating but I know with prayers and time it will come. 


So here in Mexico, as I’m sure some of you know, they have “Day of the Dead” instead of Halloween and oh my goodness they go all out! We keep our windows open at night. There’s s a little town that lives on the hill right next to the CCM and they are soooooo loud all night!! We hear music, cannons, "fireworks" (that’s what they tell us) and singing! It was bad the other nights. But most nights it’s just some music and "fireworks" ha, makes me really feel like I’m in Mexico. The CCM is way nice and we aren’t allowed out except for going to the temple which we will do next week wahoooooooooo!!! 

Let's see on Monday nights our zone does family home evening and it was our zone leaders last one so they gave heart felt lessons.  Oh man, I wish I could describe it! Everything is just so amazing and fun and I love it! The food is good I’m actually surprised at how much I like it! We have total Mexican food for breakfast sometimes like tamales. The other day they had toast with beans on it. Ha, ya, I didn’t eat that but they always have cereal for an option so someday I just eat that when I’m not feeling like experimenting. We have an hour of gym time every day and my comp who I forgot to mention is from Tooele Utah kicks my butt in gym. She loves to work out, which is awesome, she gives me work outs and we go hard! I’m totally going to leave in better shape than I came! We have a little store here and each week we get 120 peso to spend on anything food, snacks notebooks, drinks, hangers… anything! My district has been experimenting with the Mexican candy and it’s pretty interesting but not bad! They have the best chocolate! That’s all i have to say for now, I think. 



 
love you all and if you can write letters and they get here in time I would love that! I look at all my pictures often and it makes me miss you guys but I know your watched over and I’m doing what I need to! I love you guys like crazy and I’m going to try to send pics! If not this week, next for sure! I hope I answered your questions. And mom, I pray about 7:15 am and then again at about 10:30pm everyday. Yes, I would love it if we prayed at the same time! I can’t wait to hear from you all!!! 

Love you lots!  
Hermana Payton Acor
--

No comments:

Post a Comment