Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 19th Week 3 "I could just feel how my spirit longs for the people of Mexico!"

Alright I’m gonna try my best to remember all the things that happened this week and answer all the questions!

The weeks FLY by here I cannot believe it’s already Pday! It’s true what they say time flies when you’re having fun! I again got all of your letters mom and I love them they are not detracting at all! I was having a really rough Monday and Tuesday. Like really rough, I was on the edge of tears for both of those days and it was worse Monday but I got a letter from you in the afternoon and it made me feel better then it got worse at night and it never works out that I get two letters in one day. Like, that doesn’t happen, but I actually had another one from you and I was so happy! Then Monday night Elder Lima took my district two at a time in a golf cart around the CCM because he leaves soon and we are his fav. district (but that is like super top secret ha). But it was so fun we asked him to go back and forth and he did that the whole time. In his Hispanic accent he kept saying “zigzag zigzag Hermana” and I could not stop laughing! Then he said this is 6 Flags Mexico hahahahah that really got us because he knows zero English, but he knew how to say that!  Our teacher was with us so we weren’t alone with him but I just couldn’t help but think how Heavenly Father must really not want me to be sad because he put so many happy and uplifting moments in my life Monday night. I know he really loves me (:

Hermanas of the Casa!
The language is really starting to get to me. I have the biggest fear of getting into the field and not knowing anything and having a companion that speaks no English. So that thought has kinda been making me freak out. I lost it during gym on Tuesday and my sister trainer leader made me feel better. She didn’t have a lot to say but I felt so much better. Then she wrote me a cute note and gave me a Bueno candy bar and like I’ve said they are literally the greatest things here in Mexico. Then on Tuesday an Hermana wrote me a note and she didn’t put her name on it but in the note she told me she wants me to know that I’m doing better than I think I am. She then told me how before she left for her mission her dad had told her how a language can be taught, how the gospel can be taught but the way you love people and truly care for them is something that can’t be taught. She then went on to say how she believes I have these qualities and some other complements that I really needed to hear. I wish I knew who it was from so I could thank her. It really made me feel so much better! 

Our investigators are going “goodish,” we had one lesson that did not go as planned our teacher threw us a curve ball and told us his wife ripped up his BOM and didn’t want him to join the church so our whole outline on baptism no longer had to do with anything. So my poor companion spoke the whole time and I was having the hardest time understanding what was going on so after that I was upset cause I hate nothing more than just sitting there doing nothing. That was Monday night but my teacher showed us another video on the gifts of tongues and one elder said you have to make 30,000 mistakes before you know a language. And I had a thought to stop teaching the investigators with things I have written down with words I don’t even know and to teach them with the little Spanish that I do have and listen better to what the spirit helps me to say.  The next lesson I did that with for our other investigator, it went amazing! I made so many mistakes and it was totally ok! I really had to humble myself to figure that out that is the way I needed to do a lesson but I’m grateful Heavenly Father was able to bring that to light for me. Again, he must really love me!

So back to the letters mom, the one you sent in the pouch just got here ha so it took like a month but it is really nice to have a letter from you in your hand writing! There is just something about hand-written letters!  Thank you family for the package! I love it and the trail mix and Gatorades are perfect!  I’m still working on eating healthy La Tienda here has so many good treats ugh! I’m also so happy you got my blog up and going that makes me so excited that will be something I will love to look at when I get home! 

I hope Cooper's play tryouts went well! I miss his cute little face! It’s crazy to hear you guys have snow! There was like two days here that it was sooooo cold! I was wearing tights, my big jacket and all! The natives were all covered up and kept telling us how cold it was I guess it doesn’t get cold very often! With the elevation difference I haven’t had any headaches. I’ve been feeling really good! There is actually a cold going around right now and my comp got it this morning and has been feeling yucky all day! So ya I’m probably next and I really hope not, so some extra prayers for this girl to not get sick would be awesome! 

On our way to immigration

Ok I need to wrap up. I’m writing later today because we went to immigration so that’s 2 weeks in a row we got to go out of the CCM!! It all went great and I have my residency card! On the hour drive to get there I love to look out the windows and just look at everything, it is so fascinating to me! It looks a lot like Peru and China mixed!  But as I was looking I could just feel how my spirit longs for the people of Mexico! I know that’s cheesy but that’s how I feel! I love them all already and that’s pretty motivating to learn this dang language! I can’t think of anything else that happened this week! I love you all and I love my mission so much! I’m so happy to hear about all of your lives and how you’re staying busy. You guys make me all so proud! I love you and can’t wait to hear from you next week! (:  oh and I’ll send some pics! 

Love, Hermana Acor
Awesome architecture of Mexico City


No comments:

Post a Comment