Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 8, 2016 "Ups and Downs"

Tepic Cathedral
Things feel more and more normal every day here in TEPIC! I’m slowly liking everything more and more. We have a good pool of investigators and have been able to find some more Menos Activos in our área so we have been kept busy! We had a Ward talent show on Friday and oh my goodness it was so much fun! It did start an hour late which was so bad because we had an investigator family agree to come with us named the Bustamentes. We have been working really hard to try and get them to go to church. When they agreed to come to the activity and their daughter agreed to sing with the Young Women, we were so excited! We went and picked them up and Patty the mom came with all three of her kids! We felt so bad they had to wait so long for it to start we were so worried they were going to leave but they didn’t. They stayed the whole time and it was so fun! The Young Women sang a song call “Corre” that is really popular here and Hna Muro played the piano for them. Then they danced to the whip song ha! People played the guitar. The primary kids dressed up and danced to “Thriller.” The second counselor and his little boy sang a song and dressed alike. They sang “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story. The Young Men did a break dance thing it was fun. The music was really loud and all of the missionaries were like “uh can we be here” haha. It was well attended and everyone had so much fun not to mention we had tostadas after hmmmmm.

I guess I’m going backwards but Thursday was such a great day for me. I can honestly say it was one of those days where I really truly felt like a missionary. Sometimes it’s hard because of the language barrier for me to really teach and help someone but on Thursday morning we went and visited a less active, Irving. He had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon and it was the greatest thing. I was understanding all of this questions and without help or anything I answered all of this questions and it just felt so good! After the lesson Hna Muro told me that I sounded so good and I said everything correctly. And honestly the rest of the day felt like I was on a spiritual high or something haha I hope I can say that. But I can honestly say it is because I had an amazing personal study. I gained an even stronger testimony that our studies really do effect our day. But of course, this amazing feeling didn’t last forever... Our entire building didn’t have water starting Friday night till this morning... it was terrible and put us both in a pretty bad mood. And then Saturday, nobody was home. Like at all. Our investigators left for the weekend so we did a lot of walking around trying to find people to at least contact. The Bustamente family promised they were going to come to church but when we went to pick them up they weren’t home.... neither was the less active that promised he was going to come. We were way bummed. And it was slow with everyone still gone. But on the brightside we got our water back this morning and we went to the Centro here in Tepic where they have a ton of places to shop and eat. And we have appointments tonight so let’s hope everyone is back from vacation! Although this week been all over the place, it has had its good and bad, but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I hope you all have a good week!
Con amor,
Hermana Acor
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment