Friday, February 5, 2016

February 1, 2016 "Finally Settled In!...Being blessed more and more with the gift of tongues."

So we finally have a house! We were able to move in last Tuesday by some miracle. Today though was our first day to actually being able to organize our house and fully unpack. So now everything feels so much better! Our house is super cute and is no joke 3 blocks from the church! And not to mention Dominos, it also always smells like pizza... sometimes that’s a good thing and sometimes not. We basically always want pizza.

Getting ready to learn at Zone Conference
(pics from Sister Clayton)
We had an amazing zone conference on Wednesday! Hna and President Clayton are just the best in every way. Whenever they give talks or lessons I always leave feeling like I can do anything! And we had an awesome lunch. I just love gathering as missionaries. There’s just something so powerful about us being all together. And I got more packages!!! I got Jennifer Elmont’s, Grandparents Acor package and letters and Grandma Merrill’s letter! Nothing is better than packages. Its funny because whenever someone gets a package all the missionaries stand around and watch them open their package.  Everyone is always like “whoa that’s cool” or “wow what’s that?” We are all very into it. So with that said I loved everything I got! Not to mention the almost 3 pound bag of chocolate covered cinnamon bears I got from Jenn. haha.
Tepic and Santiago Zone


We also had divisions again this Friday! They were in Santiago with Hna Turitich and Hna Otazu. They are actually the only two people from Paraguay here in the mission and they are companions! Dad Hna Turitich is from Luque, Paraguay. Her ward’s name is Moroni. Did you serve anywhere near there? Anyway Santiago is about an hour and a half from Tepic so we got on a bus at around 11 am on Friday and meet them there at the bus station. Hna Muro went with Hna Otazu and I went with Hna Turitich. Oh and Hna Muro has actually been companions with both Hna Otazu and Hna Turitich so she was with three of her companions at one time! But I loved being with Hna Turitich. She was the one who I actually had divisions with my very first day in the mission! She’s one of my favorites. She knows some English but not a lot. At first I was kind of scared to be with someone who doesn’t know English but as the day went on I was more than totally fine. We were able to have good conversation and she was able to teach me even more Spanish! It helped me realize how much I really have been blessed with the gifts of tongues. Because 3 months ago I didn’t know any Spanish and now I can talk and understand natives! Now that’s cool.
Cleaning up the church after training


As far as investigators go we have some that were a reference from a sister in our ward. The one who is progressing the most is Celia. She’s really open to listening to us and wants to find a religion. She loves everyone. We have tried to teach her twice and have spent a lot of time at her house but we haven’t been able to really teach a lesson because oh my goodness she loooooves to talk. She has a lot of amazing experiences and miracles that have happened in her life and it’s amazing. But we need to help her realize that our message is what is really goning change and bless her life. We have been praying a lot to find a way to tell her that nicely. OHHHH and we had an investigator come to church on Sunday!!! Her name is Karyme and she is 12. We actually haven’t taught her yet but she really wanted to go to church so she came! The sad thing though is she doesn’t understand me at all when I try and talk with her.... It really does depend on the person I guess. I have had investigators tell me I speak good Spanish and others who turn to Hna Muro and ask her what I just said. I like the ones who can understand me (;
Time to go catch the bus back home,
You can barely see me in the back.


Our ward has an activity this week on Friday it’s a talent show! All the missionaries are preparing something I think Hna Muro and I are going to sing “Come unto Christ” but in Spanish. Hna Muro translated it. It’s really pretty and I almost have it memorized cause we sing it so much. Karyme wants to join the Young women in their activity so wahooo! This week has been so much better. we are finally starting to get organized! It only took 3 weeks. (: We are more excited with this new area as we see more and more opportunities to teach. I love this gospel and I love this mission! 

Con amor,

Hermana Acorhttps://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment